If you saw the keynote from Microsoft Ignite Conference March 2021, you saw amazing things happening in Microsoft’s Virtual Reality platform, AltspaceVR. Next week we’re taking Table Topics at Microsoft Ignite into VR! Register at myIgnite.microsoft.com and then RSVP for one of our six Table Topics in AltspaceVR – keep in mind: Space is limited, so reserve your spot ASAP!
You do NOT need a VR headset, though if you have one that’s supported by AltspaceVR, by all means, immerse yourself! Whether you’re on a VR headset or the 2D app for PC or Mac, the magic of VR will let you have multiple conversations in the same room at the same time – it will be kind of like wandering the halls and expo in the conference center and talking to other people, but in avatar form.
Optimizing Microsoft Teams for Hybrid Work
In Optimizing Microsoft Teams for Hybrid Work (CONTT101), Nov 2, 11:30am-12:15pm PT:
- Room 1: Collaboration (Vesku Nopanen, Adam Deltinger, Amanda Sterner, Matti Paukkonen, Karoliina Kettukari)
- Room 2: Meetings & Devices (Tom Arbuthnot, Eric Marsi, Lasse Nordvik Wedø)
- Room 3: Developer Platform (Mark Rackley, Beau Cameron, Paul Schaeflein)
Microsoft 365 Experiences for the Future of Work
In Microsoft 365 Experiences for the Future of Work (CONTT102), Nov 2, 1:30-2:15 pm PT:
- Room 1: Files Everywhere (Hans Brender, Drew Madelung, Loryan Strant)
- Room 2: M365 Video Experiences (John Moore, Salman Chishti, Andy Huneycutt)
- Room 3: Viva Connections & Yammer (Ragnar Heil, Amy Dolzine, Kevin McDonnell)
Managing Windows Devices in a Hybrid World
In Managing Windows Devices in a Hybrid World (CONTT103), Nov 2, 3:30-4:15 pm PT:
- Room 1: Update Management (Kevin Kaminski, Jörgen Nilsson, Kent Agerlund)
- Room 2: Set Up & Repurpose Managed Devices (Katy Nicholson, Sandy Zeng, Lance Larsen)
- Room 3: Security & Compliance (Christian Glessner, Simon Jackson, Mark O’Shea, Peter Daalmans)
In our Microsoft Azure Conversations in AltspaceVR (CONTT104), Nov 3, 8:30-9:15 am PT:
- Room 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure (Magnus Mårtensson, Alex Mang, Tiago Costa, Mustafa Toroman)
- Room 2: DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in Microsoft Azure (Eric Boyd, Jack Lee, Sam Cogan)
- Room 3: Azure Compute Options – Which to use when? (Vishwas Lele, Andreas Baumgarten, Jan Hajek)
In Digital Transformation Conversations in AltspaceVR (CONTT105), Nov 3, 10:30-11:15 am PT:
- Room 1: Microsoft Dynamics (Chris Piasecki, Antti Pajunen, Gustaf Westerlund)
- Room 2: Microsoft Power Platform (Daniel Laskewitz, Foyin Olajide-Bello, Laura Rogers)
- Room 3: Community & User Groups (Luc Labelle, Mike Carlo, Andrew Bibby)
And finally, in our Threat Protection Conversations in AltspaceVR (CONTT106), Nov 3, 1:30-2:15 pm PT:
- Room 1: Zero Trust Best Practices (Peter Rising, Alex Verboon, Chris Hoard, Alexander Benoit)
- Room 2: Hunting for Identity Threats (Gianni Castaldi, Marteen Goet, Raphael Koellner, Thijs Lecomte)
- Room 3: Operationalizing MITRE ATT&CK Framework (Chiheb Chebbi, Michael Van Horenbeeck)
As with any new technology, there are a few things you can do to make a smooth transition before you join. The Get Started section in the https://aka.ms/altspacevr-beginners-guide has all the prep you need to walk into your virtual Table Topic as soon as it starts.
Whether you’re an experienced VR user or brand new to immersive technology, we can’t wait to try out this whole new way to do Table Topics for Microsoft Ignite! We look forward to seeing you at Microsoft Ignite in AltspaceVR!
to Cathy Moya (Sr Program Manager, Mixed Reality at Microsoft) for organizing these events and make these innovative experiences possible! And of course to Allie Thompson for staffing our groups and supporting MVPs!